Click here to download the complaints procedure in pdf
Healthcare-Academy Den Hoek strives to organise high quality courses and seminars in a professional way, and in close relation with the students, teachers, professional associations and other people actively involved. In case a problem arises, we try to solve this liaising between all parties involved. In case we’re unable to reach a satisfactory solution, the complainant has the option to appeal against the outcome of the first meeting, the handling of the complaint, or otherwise. In this case the Dutch AN-i (Body of Appeal Authority) will handle the appeal as an independent party and issues a legally binding counsel. All complaints will always be dealt with in a confidential manner.
Filing a complaint:
- Complaints may be submitted verbally or in writing. Complaints may both be about any of the employees of Healthcare-Academy Den Hoek (HCA Den Hoek), and behaviour and/ or any remarks that have been made by a third party who has been hired by HCA Den Hoek to work for HCA Den Hoek (contracted teachers).
- In case a complaint in writing is submitted, it needs to have a detailed description and with an unambiguous explanation of the complainant’s point of view. These written complaints are filed by the coordinator.
- Within 10 working days, the complainant is sent a letter of confirmation that the complaint has been received. This confirmation will hold the date on which the complaint was filed, a short description of the facts relating to the complaint, and the date on which these facts occurred.
Handling of complaints:
- The complaint will not be dealt with in case it does not concern HCA Den Hoek. HCA Den Hoek will refer you to the right person or authority.
- In case the complaint relates to a situation more than 3 months prior to submitting, the complaint will not be dealt with. The complainant will receive written notice hereof by the coordinator within two weeks after submitting the complaint.
- Complaints submitted anonymously will not be dealt with either.
Settlement of complaints:
- The complaint will firstly be dealt with by the person against whom the complaint is filed, assuming that an open meeting with explanation of both parties’ perspectives will find a solution to the problem. In case the complaint is about a third party (not working for HCA Den Hoek), a representative of HCA Den Hoek will be present at this meeting.
- Complaints should be settled within 4 weeks. In case more time is required, the complainant will be duly informed.
- The complainant has the option to appeal against the outcome of the first meeting, the handling of the complaint, or otherwise. In this case the Dutch AN-i (Body of Appeal Authority) will handle the appeal as an independent party and issues a legally binding counsel. This Body of Appeal Authority is further described on their website beroepsregeling.nl (in Dutch only).
- The complainant will be informed in writing and with motivation about the outcome of the investigation into the complaint, as well as any (to be) taken measures following the outcome of the investigation. In case HCA Den Hoek is responsible, the complaint will lead to permanent improvements of HCA Den Hoek’s service.
- Complaints and their settlement will be registered and filed for at least 3 years.