IVAS certification course in Veterinary Chinese Herbal Medicine
IVAS CERTIFICATION COURSE
IVAS ADVANCED CERTIFICATION COURSE
VETERINARY CHINESE HERBAL MEDICINE
Click here to submit your online registration for this course
A unique collaboration of Healthcare-Academy Den Hoek, De NatuurApotheek, and the College of Integrative Therapies (CIVT) offers a Chinese Herbal Medicine Course accredited by IVAS in a hybrid format of web-based and on-site education.
This is the first IVAS Certification Course in Veterinary Chinese Herbal Medicine (VCHM) available in Europe of its kind and offers an unprecedented combination of online and hands-on learning. The already existing high-quality CIVT online Herbal Course is complemented by a series of on-site modules in the Netherlands. These modules are held at both De NatuurApotheek and Healthcare-Academy Den Hoek. We want our students to handle and experience the herbs first-hand in order to understand their working better and learn in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We strongly believe that such a practical and active way of studying is paramount to a successful education.
This is a chance for all veterinary acupuncturists to expand their knowledge and to start using herbal formulas alongside acupuncture. The unique set-up of this course provides a low threshold for veterinarians from all over Europe (and beyond) to enrol on this course: the online modules can be done in the comfort of your own home or surgery, and the few but necessary on-site modules give you the much-needed hands-on experience and interaction with the teachers and fellow students. The whole course, including the notes, is in English.
The IVAS Certification Course in VCHM can be completed in 12-14 months’ time. This 224 hours course consists of online modules as well as 4 modules of 2-day on-site classes. The IVAS Advanced Certification Course in VCHM can be completed in 24 months’ time. This 500+ hour course consists of online modules as well as 15 days on-site classes.
From October 2017 onwards, the online modules will be available for students of both the IVAS Certification Course and the IVAS Advanced Certification Course. The first on-site 2-day module for both courses will be held on 23-24 February 2018 at De NatuurApotheek in Pijnacker.
The IVAS Certification Course in VCHM:
This 224 hour IVAS accredited* course enables those seeking thorough, foundational training in the field of Chinese Herbal Medicine to gain skills and knowledge in the principles of VCHM. It teaches the efficient and safe use of a select group of multi-function Chinese herbal formulas across a wide range of common conditions.
There will be lecture notes, video lectures, forum discussion, and reading of texts as well as online and on-site assessments. To obtain certification all modules and assesments must be completed and 3 case logs demonstration of 7 additional patient histories must be submitted. Every student has to present one of the case logs to the other students at some stage. This course can be completed in 12 – 14 months.
At the conclusion of this course you will have enhanced your clinical skills and will be capable of prescribing appropriate Chinese herbal medicines safely and effectively.
Curriculum details are available here.
In case you wish to deepen your knowledge of VCHM at a later stage, your work done for this course will be credited towards the IVAS Advanced Certification Course.
The IVAS Advanced Certification Course in VCHM:
This more 500+ hour IVAS accredited* course will take your training to the next level imparting the ability to unravel and treat more complex cases and effectively use a wider range of Chinese herbal formulas while providing an in-depth understanding of Chinese herbal medicine at an advanced level.
The course can be completed over 24 months of study with lecture notes, video lectures, forum discussion, in-depth case analysis and support, as well as online and on-site assessments and reading of texts. To obtain certification all modules and assesments must be completed, 10 case logs, demonstration of 10 additional patient dossiers and 2 case report must be submitted.
At the conclusion of this course your clinical skills will be expert and you will be able to diagnose and treat complex cases of disease with appropriate Chinese herbal formulas.
Curriculum details are available here.
Some advantages of this Hybrid Herbal Course:
– The on-site sessions offer the chance to experience and handle the herbs first hand: see, feel, smell and taste them. Besides, the on-site sessions give the great opportunity to interact with the teachers, the pharmacists and other students.
– The main teachers for the on-site sessions are Dr. Linda Boggie (also course coordinator), Drs. Peter Kruithof and Drs Edwin Lipperts – both pharmacists – and Petra Tjeerkes (licensed acupuncturist, phytotherapist and coach). The on-line lectures are provided by Dr. Steve Marsden, one of the most respected and internationally recognized veterinary Herbalist and Acupuncturist.
– If you do the IVAS Certification Course now but decide to do the IVAS Advanced Course at a later moment in life, all work done in the IVAS Certification Course is credited towards the IVAS Advanced Certification Course.
– The courses are going to be held every other year, so in case you missed any of the on-site classes, you can easily follow them the next year.
– For already Certified Veterinary Herbalists it is possible to join the on-site classes to expand their knowledge and earn IVAS CE hours. Contact us directly for costs and registration.
*All web based modules are fully IVAS Accredited; application for on-site modules is in process.
The online Herbal course is offered by CIVT. The onsite modules are held in The Netherlands at both De NatuurApotheek (Pijnacker) and Healthcare-Academy Den Hoek (De Bilt).
– 224 hour IVAS Certification course in Veterinary Chinese Herbal Medicine -160 hours online certification course (CIVT) + 8 days onsite workshops (4 two-days modules spread over 1 course year) : 3763,- euros (0% VAT). This includes: CIVT Enrolment fee, 4 onsite modules (coffee/tea/lunch included on-site), course notes, on-line tutor support and assesment by CIVT (examination, case logs), IVAS certification costs. Textbooks are not included in this course fee. Payment options are available.
– IVAS Advanced Certification course in Veterinary Chinese Herbal Medicine – 500+ hours online course (CIVT) + 15 days onsite worskhops (15 days spread over 2 course years; 4 three-days modules in the first course year and 2 two-days modules in the second course year): 6450,- euros (0% VAT). This includes: CIVT enrolment fee, 6 on-site modules (coffee/tea/lunch included on-site), course notes, on-line tutor support and assesment (examination, case logs), IVAS advanced certification costs. Textbooks are not included in this course fee. Payment options are available.